Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

When your dreams turn to dust, vacuum

I heard the quote above today and it seems so fitting. I was talking to a woman at work who never had kids. Turns out when she was told she would have to do IVF and even then might not be able to carry to term, she decided right then she was done. No shots, no let's go for it, just nope, not putting myself or my husband through that. She avoided all the crap I have gone through. Sometimes she feels the pull but shrugs it away. She knew it was going to be an ugly road and decided not to do it. Sometimes I wish I never started down the dark road.

Still don't know my next move but I have to consider that it might be time to vacuum.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I wonder all the time if I should keep putting myself through the hell that I do. I have felt what it's like to be a mom, so now I may keep scaring myself to get that feeling back. I always wonder if I would have been happier just calling it quits myself before we even attempted IVF.
    MissC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant even imagine getting as far as you did and still losing at this game. I still struggle with understanding why any God would do that. I do believe that everything happens for a reason but I struggle with this one. xo Ang

      Delete