Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Getting through the Holidays

How do we, Infertile's, get through the holidays?  I figured this is one I should write about since it has been on my mind since Oct 31.  I am talking about all infertile's, even the pregnant and have children infertiles.  I know its gotta be hard for them too.

Well for me, this year is especially hard.  I am out of money for treatment and my family is celebrating their first holiday with a new baby... double wammie!  I want nothing to do with the new baby.  That is a horrible thing to say but, it is how I feel and saying it is the first step to getting past it right?  I want to be happy for them but its hard when I have struggled so much.  I am such a Grinch this year.  I go through the stores with their holiday music, thinking, "Ba humbug!"  But occasionally the songs get stuck in my head and it lightens my mood just a little.   

So back to my original question, how do I get through the holidays.  Well, I am clinging to everything I love and hiding!  I didn't do so well on Thanksgiving, I didn't even answer the phone when that side of the family called.  I usually really get into Thanksgiving.  I make more food than can possibly be eaten in a month let alone one day, the house is freshly cleaned, the music is on and I put on some nice clothes even if we don't go anywhere.  Yeah, I did bare minimum on the cooking, wore my grungy around the house clothes and did light cleaning.  But now that I am in the home stretch, I am feeling better.  We probably wont don't much of anything for Christmas.  Everyone knows we don't spend much at Christmas because we have to save for the next round so I make truffles for presents.  This year it is cake pops. 

I still don't feel like I am answering the question... I don't know how to get through the holidays.  I have moments of happiness and gratitude for what I do have and I have moments of "It's my pitty party and I will cry if I want to".  I guess it is the same as getting through the grief of wasting so much time and money on this process, one day at a time and sometimes, one minute at a time.  It helps to get in the bath and put my head under the water just enough so my ears are covered but my nose is out and I can still breath. All I hear is my breath and my heartbeat.  Its calming.  I hope to one day, hear 2 heartbeats.

4 comments:

  1. The holidays suck. I wish I could be there with you brightening yours up. I love the idea of just keeping your nose out of the tub. I think I'll have to try that the next time the anxiety gets bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It might help you connect with your bubble too. You might be able to hear his heartbeat with yours, that would be cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you! I just gave you an award, check it out at http://adventuresofendointhearctic.blogspot.com/2011/12/whole-year-and-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey just found you from Lindsey. Not sure where you have been before but we did a cycle at SIRM in Vegas and while it didn't work for us, we were very happy with them. Dr. Sher thinks a bit more out of the box which is nice in 'tough' cases. His daughter, whom is awesome, runs a company that helps set up donor eggs etc too. (sorry noticed the comment on your eggs-have NO idea of that's an option or a desire).
    I do hope this holiday season goes by quick for you. Xo

    ReplyDelete