Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Adults Only Island

Tonight I went running like I usually do. I had the headphones on, the 90 old school tunes pumping and I felt good. I get to the end of the block and I see two little girls out front playing, the cute little blond caught my eye and gave me a little private wave, I gave her one back then she gave me the universal sign for "give me a hug". I froze, I have been spending the past few months trying to avoid all contact with babies and small children. I wish I could move to an island where they don't exist, then may be my heart can heal.

Children are so unreserved, act on their feelings and so innocent. She can running at me with those wide open arms, into the middle of the street. I quickly checked to make sure there were no cars coming then ran up to meet her. She ran into me with those wide open arms and gave me a hug. Her brunette friend had followed her and right behind her ran into me with open arms. Then she looked up at me and asked my name. They told me their names and they ran back to the house. It was touching, but also broke my heart.

Moments like these will happen for the rest of my life. I can completely see why some people get hardened and bitter. That scab keeps getting ripped off until you have a hard calloused scar. Siri, please find me an adults only island and book me a one way ticket.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy. That would have sent stabs of pain right through my heart. It was a sweet guesture of those girls, but man, talk about heartache.

    Alissa
    http://missconception-ads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am in a very wierd place right now, so that warmed my heart and hurt it at the same time.

      Delete